What additional feature are on SE Offroad edition?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

porksoda

What additional feature are on SE Offroad edition?

Postby porksoda » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 pm

Well I just purchased a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad edition.
I am wondering what are the main features for this "Offroad" edition?
I just want to learn all I can about this car since I just bought it.
Also I want to learn if it needs any special parts since it is a Offroad edition. Like different brakes, shocks, or etc.

Thanks alot for any information!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: What additional feature are on SE Offroad edition?

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 am

porksoda wrote:Well I just purchased a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad edition.
Also I want to learn if it needs any special parts since it is a Offroad edition. Like different brakes, shocks, or etc.

Same parts all the way around, although mine came with Rancho shocks instead of whatever is OEM on the non-OR models. I think the hill start assist, hill descent control and 265/75/16 tires are about the only things that are on the OR and not on the others, though I'm not 100% sure about that. It's been a long time since I've compared all the models.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:28 am

NVSteve wrote:
porksoda wrote:Well I just purchased a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad edition.

Same parts all the way around, although mine came with Rancho shocks instead of whatever is OEM on the non-OR models. I think the hill start assist, hill descent control and 265/75/16 tires are about the only things that are on the OR and not on the others, though I'm not 100% sure about that. It's been a long time since I've compared all the models.
the SE Offroad also came with additional skid plates, and 6 spoke wheels

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 am

eieio wrote: the SE Offroad also came with additional skid plates, and 6 spoke wheels
True. Forgot about the wheels. Skids are fine for driving over thick sagebrush, but that's about it. Mine also did not come with curtain airbags because I went with the cloth seats so that I could have the passenger "fold almost flat" seat up front. That probably wasn't specific to the OR model though. I think the cloth seats are unique to the OR as well-light blue in color, at least on mine. Maybe I'll pull out the 2007 Pathfinder brochure tonight & have a look at what's different.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 am

SE Off-road had heavier duty, Rancho shocks, larger tires, hill descent control, hill start assist, electronic limited-slip, skid plates, off-road graphics, and optional leather.

porksoda

Postby porksoda » Fri May 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!

Return to “General Automotive”