Nissan Xterra discontnued after 2015 model year

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:11 pm

disallow wrote:the seating position in the toyota was a dealbreaker for me. felt like my legs were sticking out at a 90 degree angle.
That's been typical on the last several models of the 4Runner and Tacoma. My 04 Tacoma was a nice truck but was like sitting on bricks compared to my Hardbody and R51 Pathy!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:11 am

disallow wrote:the seating position in the toyota was a dealbreaker for me. felt like my legs were sticking out at a 90 degree angle.
This is exactly how I ended up shopping for something else and discovering the PF. My Tundra wasn't particularly comfortable and the 4R's I drove were even worse. The newest 4R aren't as bad but Toyota still doesn't have the most comfortable truck seats. The bottom cushions are always too short as well.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:47 pm

One of these days when I actually have the time, I'll take one out for a test drive. I haven't been in the newest one, but my parents have had one in the stable for the last 20+ years, which I've borrowed many times for road trips. I agree though, if the seating sucks, what's the point.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:55 pm

NVSteve wrote:
One of these days when I actually have the time, I'll take one out for a test drive. I haven't been in the newest one, but my parents have had one in the stable for the last 20+ years, which I've borrowed many times for road trips. I agree though, if the seating sucks, what's the point.
......hammer meets nail
one of the foremost reasons we bought both of our Pathfinders was because of the comfort of the two front seats (we've almost never used the second row at all, never have used the third)
all of the other entries in the market at that time felt very confining
the FJ Cruiser came close, but felt like the roof was caving in on me
turned out to be fine, comfortable, capable trucks for us
still very happy, and likely will be for quite some time to come
:D
Last edited by eieio on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Funny I forgot all about the crappy 4Runner seating with my 2006 4Runner I never realized how bad it was until my friend bought a 2008 Nissan Frontier and he let me drive it. I really liked it I liked the way it drove and handled and esp liked the seats and seating position. I avoided driving a R51 Pathy for fear I would really like it. That all changed one fine day when my wife wanted to try out a new Nissan Altima and I was looking at a new at the time 2112 Pathy that was in the showroom. The salesmen said you want to drive one! I said what the heck sign me up! Anyway I loved it and the main reason was the seats and seating position I felt I had much better control of the road with the seating position. The other big thing for me was the way the back of the truck is laid out as I use it to put office equipment in all the time it is deeper by what seems like around 5" inches not sure exact numbers but it seems that way and there is also several tie down points that are a huge deal to me. "Think of a small photocopier flying forward in an emergency stop not so good!" When Nissian discontinued the R51 I was upset as that was what I wanted then I found my 2012-S Pathfinder with just over 7,000 miles last year and made a great deal. Anyway this truck for me is the perfect size and just works for me and my job there really is not many truck options available that would work as well for my needs. The other options are either too big or too small and a new Toyota 4Runner just does not seem like the answer. Just my two cents.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Kestral wrote:Funny I forgot all about the crappy 4Runner seating with my 2006 4Runner I never realized how bad it was until my friend bought a 2008 Nissan Frontier and he let me drive it. I really liked it I liked the way it drove and handled and esp liked the seats and seating position. I avoided driving a R51 Pathy for fear I would really like it. That all changed one fine day when my wife wanted to try out a new Nissan Altima and I was looking at a new at the time 2112 Pathy that was in the showroom. The salesmen said you want to drive one! I said what the heck sign me up! Anyway I loved it and the main reason was the seats and seating position I felt I had much better control of the road with the seating position. The other big thing for me was the way the back of the truck is laid out as I use it to put office equipment in all the time it is deeper by what seems like around 5" inches not sure exact numbers but it seems that way and there is also several tie down points that are a huge deal to me. "Think of a small photocopier flying forward in an emergency stop not so good!" When Nissian discontinued the R51 I was upset as that was what I wanted then I found my 2012-S Pathfinder with just over 7,000 miles last year and made a great deal. Anyway this truck for me is the perfect size and just works for me and my job there really is not many truck options available that would work as well for my needs. The other options are either too big or too small and a new Toyota 4Runner just does not seem like the answer. Just my two cents.
Oh Yeah, the cargo area was also the best I could find.
Rear seats are always folded flat, which leaves a nice, big, flat cargo area that I can comfortably sleep in if desired.
Many of the other trucks at the time had fold down seats that did not leave a flat cargo area.
I think the Sequoia required rear seat REMOVAL to open up the cargo area - ridiculous.

Return to “General Automotive”