Let's talk sag, I carry two dirt bikes off my bumper! OME

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Cracker

Let's talk sag, I carry two dirt bikes off my bumper! OME

Postby Cracker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 am

OK, so at 225lbs each I know I'm probably exceeding the tongue weight when the second bike is loaded but after doing it for two years the hitch hasn't fallen off yet! However, even with the Airlift 1000s at 37-38lbs when I'm fully loaded I do need more rear lift and reading the posts it looks like the OME medium duty springs are the way to go. Two questions:
1. What shocks will I need to accompany the springs?
2. Can I (the OME installer) stick the Airlift 1000s into the OME coils?
From what I read the alignment can be a mother bear to get correct. I'll have to go on faith that the boys in the shop can get it aligned. I understand that the front struts' dust cover and washer needs to be installed. Anything else I should be aware of?

I have pictures of the PF with the two bikes hanging off the bumper. It's quite a site. I don't know how to post them or embed them in this post. But if someone has that capability they can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send the pics to them and they can post a reply to this thread with the pictures. So y'all can see what I'm referring to.

By the way, this forum has been a WEALTH of information to me and I appreciate all the time and effort you "regular posters" take to continually provide accurate and detailed information to someone like me that doesn't know $hit from wild honey when it comes to automotive info.

'O5 Pathfinder SE with 61K miles.
--David [email protected][/img]

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Here you go, that's some serious sag:

Cracker

Postby Cracker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks for posting the pics Blink. Included pics of the hitch. Had to cut out some of the plastic to accomodate the silver hitch colllar seen in the other pic. That collar never really worked all that well so I got a welder to do something different. The result with the screws keeps the hauler tight with no wobble and I can still insert a normal trailer hitch. I'm hoping the OME plus air bags will reduce the sag.

Return to “General Automotive”