New driver seat?? Where oh where can I find one?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

nissanguy4763

New driver seat?? Where oh where can I find one?

Postby nissanguy4763 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm

My 97' Pathfinder front seat is ripping at the seams and I'd like to replace it. But all I can find are seat covers (which I don't want) or a new seat from the dealership for $1,900 bucks. There has to be a cheaper way to go! Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Do some searching on the internet. There are a lot of boneyards out there that will list their goodies on the web. Also try ebay. I've bought a number of items for my Mazda Tribute from the web when I couldn't find them locally. :D

The prices on the web have also been very competitive if not better than what I expected to pay locally. I remember getting a fog light lens from ebay for $25 with shipping included. Local boneyard wanted $75.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:18 am

theres a sire called car-parts.com they offer a HUGE parts listing

Scaramoche

seats

Postby Scaramoche » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 am

I agree, check the web, usually you can get good seats for very cheap, even with shipping charges.

myself on the otherhand, i searched locally for an apolstery shop, ended up finding a guy on craigslist. I had my wifes care done, total cost, for front/back seats was 600.00. and we got to choose the fabrics. I'm getting ready to do my pathy's, at least once i find his number again lol.

One other option is look at junkyards. I am fortunate that I have a U-pull-it locally. They are generally alot cheaper than old boneyards, but this can also be a crapshoot being that you have no idea the condition until you walk up to it and pull the parts.

I have also heard of people installinng other vehical seats, but you would have to research this(ie modifying rails)

Return to “General Automotive”