A Milestone, Then A Sad Night..

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

lolcaroline

A Milestone, Then A Sad Night..

Postby lolcaroline » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:28 am

Hey everybody.
First off, my Pathfinder hit 100,000 miles this past weekend!
Secondly.. I hit some black ice tonight. The car fishtailed. Thinking back, I don't think I had a chance of righting it. A highway patrolman went to check it out. I heard he put his back tires on the spot and hit the gas and his wheels just spun.
So. My car: It ended up falling on its side (driver's), sliding across the ground for a while, then rolling back up to its wheels. Me and my passenger were covered with mud (we slid into a shallow ditch). The interior looks like someone hosed it down with mud and dirt. Obviously, the side mirror is gone. It actually ended up in my lap. Also caked with mud. My window is gone. There's a big hole in the left top corner of the windshield. Last I saw, there was a chunk of dirt hanging from it. When everything stopped moving, the engine was still running. I don't know about the damage under the hood though. I didn't get to check anything since I got carried over to an ambulance. I wouldn't have wanted to look anyway I guess. Except for whatever part took out someone's mailbox, all the damage is on the left side.
As for the humans involved.. we were taken to the hospital, checked out, released, and doing alright. I know I'm going to feel like hell in the morning though.
I'm anxiously awaiting the conversation with Geico and the repair shop. I have no idea how close it is to being totaled. If it is, I'm thinking I want an RX7 or another Pathfinder. A manual though.
Question: How rare are late 90's manual transmission Pathfinders?

I just thought I'd share my experience. Maybe stir up some pity/sympathy.
I may take pictures of the damage and post them.

If any of you pray, pray to whichever god you believe in for my baby. I adore this car and it's breaking my heart.
Thanks for reading, guys!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 am

glad to see that even though you are in pain, your alive and kicking. i will pray to JESUS CHRIST for a speedy recovery and that this ordeal blows over fast and just be a memory.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 am

WOW!... Sorry to hear about your loss :( ... This crazy weather is awful... Hope you get back on the road soon!.............. Triffid

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: A Milestone, Then A Sad Night..

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 am

lolcaroline wrote: I just thought I'd share my experience. Maybe stir up some pity/sympathy.
I may take pictures of the damage and post them.
That really sucks. Glad to hear you were physically okay after such an ordeal-luck is on your side. If you do get the chance, post a photo of the damage, if for nothing else than a memory post.

lolcaroline

Re: A Milestone, Then A Sad Night..

Postby lolcaroline » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:54 pm

NVSteve wrote:That really sucks. Glad to hear you were physically okay after such an ordeal-luck is on your side. If you do get the chance, post a photo of the damage, if for nothing else than a memory post.
Luck for sure. I just don't know why.. I thought wayyy too much about fate and the ways of the universe before all this happened. I don't get it, man.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

I am glad to hear you all are ok

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I'm glad you made it out OK. Your well being is WAAAAAYYYYY more important than a car. Unfortunately once you hit black ice, most of the time there's nothing you can do. Here in BC, Canada the police will not let you drive through the higher mountain passes if you don't have chains for the fear of ice/black ice. None the less, I'm really glad you're OK and hopefully you get back to feeling good really soon.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 am

Sorry to hear Lucy is on the DL. It sounds like she had cosmetic injuries, but they still add up. Maybe if it's totalled you can take the difference and do a cheaper repair, rather than replacing panels. A decent repair shop can knock out the dents, bondo and paint for a fraction and you won't be able to tell. The only thing is to make sure the suspension wasn't damaged. Good luck, hope you aren't feeling too sore.

Return to “General Automotive”