08 Headlight Adjstment

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Kami

08 Headlight Adjstment

Postby Kami » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the headlights? there very low to the road :( 08 pathfinder

Thanks

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 pm

You won't get much improvement adjusting your headlights with your HID set-up, since it scatters the light all over the place anyways. Granted it gives you more light output, it is not focused as well when compared to original halogen bulbs. These halogen reflectors in our lamp housings are simply not designed to be used with HIDs.

Kami

Postby Kami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 am

Makes sense. Thanks. Probably for the better as to not blind the hell out of other drivers :twisted:

:)

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm

try to adjust it anyways.

park up against a wall, and open the hood.

just beside where the lightbulb goes into the headlight, there should be a white plastic screw with hex edges.

u can turn it by hand and see the light go up and down. try not to use any tools on it cause its in a tight spot and ull eat thru the plastic.

u might wanna consider moving the HIDs to the bumper projector, and installing a normal white light bulb in the headlight.

nice ride btw

Kami

Postby Kami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Sweet thanks mar1! was just comming back to post how to adjust it anyways casue its way low to the road :(

Will attempt the adjustment
Also when you say bumper projector, u mean fog lights? if so already have HIDs there :)

thanks again!

kami.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 am

Kami wrote: Also when you say bumper projector, u mean fog lights?
kami.
nope was referring to the lights in the bullbar if u have any.

Kami

Postby Kami » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh cool, no i dont have any lights mounted on the bull bar, but thanks for the recomendation.

Also Attempeted to adjust it last night and I think your right, even though i lift it up higher it goes back to almost the same original position.

Oh well was worth a try :)

Thanks

Kami

Return to “General Automotive”