2000 Pathfinder issue/suggestions

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

burgerboy

2000 Pathfinder issue/suggestions

Postby burgerboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi all,

I've brought my 2000 Pathfinder to a number of different autoshops, dealers, franchises, and local auto bodies, but noone seems to be able to pinpoint the exact issues I am having so I'll give it a shot here to see if anyone has any ideas.

So basically my pathfinder has close to 90k mile on it. But recently, when going over bumps at a slow speed, I feel a jiggle, or vibrating sensation that can be felt both at the steering wheel and also the gas pedal, or brake(depending on which one my foot is on). It's a very subtle vibration but I know it started happening recently cause I've driven this thing since it was brand new.

So I've had the following replaced but STILL have that small vibrating sensation:

Front left axle, from ball bearing(forgot which side), front alignment, front and rear struts, new brakes and rotors, sway bar links, brake hardware.

Do you think this could be a wheel bearing issue? Coincidentally while driving on the highway the other day i noticed that shifting my steering wheel to the left caused this really loud metallic scraping sound, Readjust steering wheel to center and right and the sound went away.

I'm completely out of ideas, and I don't even know if the two issues above are related. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “General Automotive”