Reverse tilt mirror function in Nissan Pathfinder LE 2008

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Bennie

Reverse tilt mirror function in Nissan Pathfinder LE 2008

Postby Bennie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi. I would be very happy if anyone could give advice on how to enable both my outside mirrors to tilt downwards at the same time when I engage the reverse gear. This functionality worked pretty well for the first month after I bought the car. It worked very well up until I took it to the local dealer for a routine check. I don't know what they did but now only one outside mirror works at a time (and not simultaneously as before). I am now forced to select either left or right mirrors using the automatic mirror controls in order to have either one tilt downwards. The local dealer doesn't have a clue as to how this happened and keeps insisting that only one mirror works at a time depending on which one is selected when doing reverse. Unfortunately, I don't have the 2008 pathfinder manual to try and rectify this. Manuals I downloaded from the Nissan site don't mention this functionality much. It's even more frustrating when you do a Google! search and nothing comes up. I drive a Nissan Pathfinder LE 2008 (AT) model. Any assistance will be most appreciated.

dieselfan

Postby dieselfan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

You were lucky - depending on view? Mine has always only been either left or right.

Using the center returns both to normal, I prefer it that way as when offroading (only time I've need the tilt) it's SO quick to check the side of concern, by contrast the Land Rover Disco 3 is always on or off, you have to go through a whole menu setup to change :(

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:36 am

My 08 LE doesnt do either mirror. Is it not available if there is a back up camera?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:50 am

mine has builtin reverse cam without this option.

SE2 08

scubadog

Postby scubadog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Bennie, did you get this problem sorted, I have a 2011 Pathy that's done the same, when I first picked it up both mirrors dipped for the first couple of weeks now only one dips dependent on the position of the mirror selector switch. If the switch is in the middle neither dip. the reversing camera works fine....

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 am

someone posted a while ago that this could be an option in the nav display...

scubadog

Postby scubadog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks disallow, I've had a look through both the Navigation user guide and on screen but no joy yet, but thanks for the tip i'll keep trying.

Anyone else any idea's?

I called in at a local Nissan dealership and I don't think they really understood what I was after... :?

Return to “General Automotive”