Poor Acceleration Issues

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Slider

Poor Acceleration Issues

Postby Slider » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:25 am

I have a '93 Pathfinder. When I'm driving down the highway and I take my foot off the gas the engine "lugs" and misses. When I reapply the gas it won't accelerate unless I really step down on the peddle. It's now doing it driving around town (low speed). It will do the same lugging, pulling away from a stop light until it gets up to speed then it's fine. Any accelerating or decelerating causes the lugging and misfiring (popping sound in the exhaust manifold). Is it something in the fuel injector circuit? Fuel pump?

Thanks for the feedback

reinaldo

check

Postby reinaldo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

kindly send your nissan pathfinder to an automotive shop or call a mechanic since you car is already old and the support for this model is not updated as of this moment.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 am

Really reinaldo, thats all you got? Why do we even have a WD21 section on here then?

That could be any number of things, you can pull your error codes from your ECU and maybe get headed in the right direction. There is very little WD21 support here, this is mainly a caR50 and R51 forum as far as activity goes (thats my opinion).

Go here for help:

http://npora.ipbhost.com

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Slider, does it also smoke at idle? Two common issues were MAF insufficient grounding and EGR issues. The MAF also smoked at idle, EGR could do alot of things. Front 02's were also common. A much rarer possibilty is the distributor issue. There are no codes to really pull ( you can blink them out, but it's pretty useless - you can literally unplug stuff and have no code).

Return to “General Automotive”