r51 esp off light coming on?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

jk2k3

r51 esp off light coming on?

Postby jk2k3 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 am

A few days ago the esp off light and slippery road looking symbol came on.... when I turn the ignition on and off it goes out and may not come on again.for a few hours.....

I have had brakes checked and they are fine and the car only passed its not 3 weeks ago... anyone have any ideas or had this light pop up.. it has happened about 10th times now.

Thanks

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:39 am

it's design to sense lose of traction. are you slamming on the gas in wet conditions when it comes on? if not then you might wanna look at the service manual link for diagnosis.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

jk2k3

Postby jk2k3 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 am

Thank-you for the link ill have a look later when I get home...... there is no noticeable loss off traction and tends to happen when parking or pulling out of a tight spot, however this could just be coincidence[/list]

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 am

well the wheel speed sensor senses the slipping so if the sensor is bad. i think they are prett cheap at the dealer. i doubt it's a sensor, it's probably your right foot. :lol:

Return to “General Automotive”