Windshield washer noise but no spray

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

KellyGee

Postby KellyGee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 am

Got in my PF this morning and went to spray the windshield down and nothing came up. Filled up the reservoir and still nothing. I can hear the motor chugging away in the front and the back but no spray. I started to drive into work and tried it again when I was about half way, I started to get a dribble of water but no spray. Is my washer fluid now slush or something? It has been fairly cold lately so I am hoping it is something along those lines...I would hate to have to repair the WW lines. Any similar experiences out there? :?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:43 am

could be just the end tips slogged up.

try poking them with a needle tip.

Taavi

Postby Taavi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 am

I had similar when it was -15C few days ago. Nozzles were freezed, so poured a little hot water on them and replaced windshield water with more suitable for winter.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Sounds like you have water in the lines. I found this a lot when getting a oil change from quick changes because lots of them dilute the fluid.( i know this from high school when I worked at one. )

HerbsPF

Postby HerbsPF » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Drain and refill the washer tank with fresh washer fluid with antifreeze. Let us know if this works. Herb

Confiteor

Postby Confiteor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 am

Are you getting a dribble at both sides?

If not, another possibility is that the hose on one side has popped off the bottom of the nozzle. This then leaves an open hose which reduces the overall pressure and makes the spray from the 'good' side less than you'd expect.

This happened to me. Just lift the bonnet/hood, pop up the plastic protector that runs the length of the windscreen/windshield and check both sides are OK.

Return to “General Automotive”