Help!!! Replaced IPDM but still shut off.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

snickawinn

Help!!! Replaced IPDM but still shut off.

Postby snickawinn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 am

Hi, I have a 2005 Pathfinder SE that I had experienced issues with it continually shutting off on me while driving down the road, and with no warning. After reading in different forums, I found it might be the IPDM. I bought the upgraded part and had my fiance install it, and it seemed to end the problem until yesterday. I drove it all over and all day, then out of the blue, it just shut off on me. Dejavu all over. If anyone can help me figure out what else it could be I would appreciate it. I can't afford expensive repairs, especially with working self-employed with 12yr, 5yr, and 11mo old children who have lots of appts. Please help. Oh, FYI there have not been any other indicators for any other problems other than my fuel sending unit which Nissan refused to repair.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:45 am

Did you buy the IPDM new from Nissan? If you bought a used one it could be bad also.

snickawinn

Postby snickawinn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:41 am

When I bought it, they said it is was new and recently upgraded part. It looks different than my original I removed. I did a test this morning to see if it was good and it passed so I don't know. I crank it up after it took no time to idle down as opposed to before it took over 5 mins. I haven't test driven it yet so we will see. In another discussion someone had mentioned that it may not be properly installed so I disconnected it and redid it in order cause I think my fiance just took it out and put it in.

Return to “General Automotive”