Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

Postby RacerZX » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:21 pm

...and with this fine 4, and for some 5 day weekend, great time to get some wrenching done.

On the Pathfinder I removed the Gibson muffler and overly large y-pipe and rebuilt it with 2" from the cats to a 2-1 Spintech muffler, while keeping the 2.5" Gibson tail pipe which goes over the rear subframe. The sound has much more growl to it which is wonderful, but unfortunately still a bit too bassy, so I'll be swapping in the stock tail pipe section and hopefully find a happy medium and get a little power to boot.

Also this weekend I was planning to be putting the head back on my Jetta Diesel, but the parts supplier for my new head gasket and bolts screwed up and didn't ship them overnight as requested. *@&*#&@ Why are so many car parts suppliers chumps in the order fufillment/customer service departments eh?? :roll:

What projects are you all working on?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Sounds nice, you'll have to post up some pictures of the exhaust. And it would have been prime time to do the head gasket on that Jetta.

5 day weekend here. Finished up a 10x12x10 shed and filled it with my over-sized junk from the garage. Only Pathfinder-ish thing I was able to do was related to my tools. Bought a 20ton press from HF but it was missing an angle iron foot a while back. Its been on backorder for months so I broke down and hit up the steel yard today and bought a length of 2" angle iron to make my own. Now I can finally finish my press brake die and with that the front mount receiver hitch. Now I realize I need a new welder.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 am

Blink, I guess your wife doesn't look in your garage? I think if she did, she would be like where did all this stuff come from. Sounds like you need to call Lincoln and get a welder and then the projects will get even bigger.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:23 am

She looks, hence the 10x12 shed. :-/ I keep it "generally" neat enough to navigate but have never been able to park because of over-sized tools and the engine and trans on a stand. Now that all that is cleared out the new task is getting a new row of shelving up and the floor cleaned off so she can park.

I need to get a Lincoln AC/DC 225 buzz box and sell my mig. I was able to produce much prettier welds with 6010 rod on 1/8" and up material than I am with my Handler 135 on thinner stuff. Maybe when Xmas is over. We can all dream right!?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 am

Once she can park in the garage, you will have a little more leeway in getting toys, I mean tools. Plus out of sight out of mind in the new shed.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Just got the tail end OEM pipe put back on this morning and it sounds GREAT. Growls with athority when accelerating briskly, but otherwise stays well muted in the background. I'm going to have to get to the dyno some time soon and see if it did any good and then I'll do a write-up of it.

Return to “General Automotive”