'08 Pathfinder 60k Service Options?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

2fs2ns

'08 Pathfinder 60k Service Options?

Postby 2fs2ns » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Just rolled over 60K, bought it with a little over 30k on it. I don't have any record of previous owner maintenance history.

So worse case scenario, diff fluid has never been changed. I'd say it's on a regular duty schedule, I've only pulled our boat with it a few times.

So I called the dealer for the 60k service info. They want $500 for:
Oil/Filter Change
Tire Rotation
Micro Cabin Filter change
Wiper Blades
Brake/Steering Inspection
Air Filter
Replace Coolant
Replace ATF
Replace rear diff fluid
Replace radiator cap

Most of that I can do/regularly do myself anyway. Except for the Transmission and rear diff fluid. Can anyone tell me how difficult this is?

I used to do the rear diff on my jeep wrangler regularly due to water crossings/etc. Same idea on the pathfinder? We always just used blue rtv for the diff cover seal. I read on here that fully synthetic 75W-90 is used in it?

How about the transmission? Difficult job? Hard to access fill hole?

Thanks so much!

Dan

Update: I called a couple other local shops for prices on some of the larger ticket items.

Christian brothers gets $160 for the tranny flush, $130 for coolant flush, and $100 for diff. That's a crazy price for the diff I think.

Kwik Kar wants $130 for the tranny flush, $79 for the coolant. I didn't ask them about the diff, I'll just do that. I just don't know if I trust those guys. They use a fully synthetic tranny fluid, I don't know what Nissan uses.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 am

The rear diff is easy to change. at 60k I would change the front and transfer case also (provided it is a 4wd). they all use the same drain and fill plug washers. also many here will tell you not to have the transmission flushed. it seems to do more harm than good. just simply do a drain and fill. the dipstick and fill is on the right side of the engine. there is a 10mm bolt that you have to remove first.

Return to “General Automotive”