Limp Mode?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Simo

Limp Mode?

Postby Simo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi guys, does anyone know anything about why an 05' 2.5L Turbo Diesel Auto Pathy would very randomly ( have tried to pin point times and patterns but can't) go into limp mode(about 20km/h maximum speed), the only way out is to turn the vehicle off and turn it back on, very frustrating because I love the vehicle, been so good, but cannot get past this issue.

Have cleaned and replaced the Mass airflow sensor too.

Have had it diagnosed by Nissan who said it "maybe" (no definite answers) the fuel rail and it needs to be replaced $2,500, another Nissan dealership said that they would not replace the fuel rail without also replacing the fuel injectors as well this time totalling $6,500 ($1,000 for each injector on top of the $2,500 for the fuel rail) Any help or news or knowledge of this happening in any other Pathfinders would be be greatly appreciated.

Simo

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 am

dunno if this is in any way related to you problem.

i had a faulty water pump and the car started to overheat.

when it reached a critical point, it turned off my A/C, and RPM wouldnt budge above 2500 and 40km/h tops till it cooled down again.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 am

Limp mode means you should definitely have codes in the ECU, and possibly a check engine light. Get a code reader tell us the codes.

Unfortunately, most on this forum are from North America, so we don't have experience with the diesel, only gas engines available here.

Return to “General Automotive”