HELP! Pathfinder R51 2.5 Diesel engine wont start

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

SHAGUM

HELP! Pathfinder R51 2.5 Diesel engine wont start

Postby SHAGUM » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:49 am

Can anyone please help? I was driving my Nissan Pathfinder R51 2.5 diesel (RHD - I'm in the UK) (same engine as Navara D40 I am told) the other day and the power started to decrease and eventually the engine stopped. It now wont start although sometimes you can hear it trying to start. Tank is 3/4 full, no faults on the dash.

After some snooping around under the bonnet I find that if the exhaust pipe to the EGR valve is removed the engine will start straight away and runs fine although it sounds like a tractor with the pipe off. At first I thought this was probably a blocked exhaust/Cat but now I think it is probably blocked air or broken valve or maybe turbo?

With the exhaust pipe removed from the EGR I think air is being sucked in through the EGR valve enabling it to start but with the Exhaust pipe attached there is no air supply and thus it doesnt start. As you can probably tell I don't know much about engines so I hope this makes sense.

I would be grateful for any suggestions/things I could try. I am hoping I can narrow the problem down to a faulty component that I can replace myself as I really dont want to take it to my dealer as they are reknowned for charging a fortune.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

this is s late replay but you should do the EFR blank mod to increase the performance and prevent that from happening again

Return to “General Automotive”