Tranny cooler

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Phar0e

Tranny cooler

Postby Phar0e » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:10 pm

When we bought our 2011 pathfinder the salesman said it came with the towing package which would include a transmission cooler. A couple of months later we took the Pathfinder into a nearer to home dealer for an oil change and asked them to confirm that we did indeed have the cooler. Their answer to us was that no it did not. Later at home we looked through the front grill and could see that there is something that looks like a black radiator about 15 in by15 in attached in front of the main radiator Could this be a transmission cooler or did we get steered wrong by one of the dealers and which one?

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 am

This is the transmission oil cooler. Look on the ground and you'll see the aftermarket cooler I purchased that's half the size. :?

Phar0e

Postby Phar0e » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks for posting the picture. It looks like we do have the transmission oil cooler. Can I ask why you bought a smaller after market one? not sure why a dealer service department would say we didn't have one, you would think they would know

Thanks again

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:13 am

I feel a little better now that the folks at the dealership didn't know you have an oil cooler as well. Maybe I'm not such a big dummy after all. :D

Unfortunately, we have some confusing information here on the forum and other sites on the web. I'm new to working on my own cars and I missed some important key points...like the fact our Pathfinders already have an oil cooler. My confusion came from the fact that an aftermarket cooler was recommended when performing the radiator bypass in the first place. I mean, there is a website about it... http://www.savingxterras.com/node/2 I ran with what I now think is bad information and bought another oil cooler and installed it :?

Return to “General Automotive”