Nissan's official Pathfinder Concept web page

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

What's your take on the new Muran...um...Pathfinder?

Nice design, I might easily trade-in and upgrade.
No votes
Nice design, but I prefer a real SUV with 4-lo and a frame, thanks.
15%
Crap design, WTF are they thinking? No more Nissan for me when I need a new SUV.
31%
Crap design, and 'they' will have to pry my Pathfinder from my cold dead hands!
54%

Total votes: 13

RacerZX
Site Admin

Nissan's official Pathfinder Concept web page

Postby RacerZX » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 pm

http://www.nissanusa.com/all-new-pathfi ... vealem.MIX

So...it's a slightly more boxy Murano, but with a 3rd row. Yippi. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to a V8 LE with BluTooth to hold me over the yawning gap of SUV insanity that will be with us for the next decade.

Thoughts?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Carl, have you seen this thread by any chance?

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4571

I'm not sure what I will do. I'd jump into an Xterra right now, but I wouldn't gain anything except maybe 3 miles on the odo vs 53,000, but I would lose a lot. Current model year Pathfinder is too timid & far more expensive than it should be. I'm probably going to wait and see what happens with the Xterra, as in if they will have a redesign. If they drop it, then I'm not sure. Can't stand Jeep, but the Wrangler Unlimited is far more tempting now that it has a real engine. In short, I hate the new redesign & I don't know what I will be doing. I can easily hold onto the Pathfinder for another 5 years, but who knows what will be on the market at that point.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Yup, saw the other threads but though I'd share the official Nissan link that showed up in my inbox this morning.

I want 3 rows, body on frame, and not insanely huge/wide. Damn small list of choices out there. Hopefully in a few years there will be more options...

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:39 pm

I have an 08 LE with the bluetooth and V8. Bought it Feb of 2011, so coming up on 1 year. It had 18k miles when we bought it, and currently it has 34k. My wife loves it. Most of the miles happened while I deployed from March to October. My wife never stayed home. I love it as I have the power when and if I need it. I'm military and the bluetooth is great when driving in uniform and not allowed to hold my phone to talk on base. After reading all the posts and saving up, I finally ordered my airlift 1000 yesterday, put on some Goodyear duratracs. It's been great. :D I'm looking to hold onto this DD for a long time. I have a few more ideas for it when the money and time comes.

Return to “General Automotive”