now we're 4 for 4

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

now we're 4 for 4

Postby disallow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 am

Dammit I hate this time of year. We have a lot of melting going on, and once again, my 08 civic seems to be infested with mice. I've put a trap in it every night for the last 3 nights (twice last night) and each time I've nabbed one of the f*&^ers.

And we're not done yet. As I walked up to the car this morning before work I saw another one scamper away, bailing before he had to take a ride to Winnipeg.

I know this is a part of living on the corner of a farmer's field, but geez. I've tried everything too, bounce sheets, mothballs, tried to find the point of entry (not even sure where they get in, but obviously its gotta be huge, some of these mice are massive!)

Anyways, I doubt there is much that can be done about it. Mostly I'm just venting. I'll keep setting my trap, and eventually the weather will change and they will be gone.

For some reason they stay away from the Pathfinder, which I find odd since there is way more food in it. (Kids dropping french fries and stuff between the seats.) Maybe because its higher off the ground.

t

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:29 am

That sucks. I had a mouse make a nest in my Jeep. Not inside, but where the windshield wiper assembly was.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 am

Get a cat?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 am

Wish a cat was practical, but we are too close to the highway. Don't want to have to explain where fluffy went to my 5yr old... :)

Well, last night I set the trap, and no takers. Hopefully we are through it again this year.

Yuck.

t

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 pm

The things is that just like rats, they can dislocate most bones in their body to fit through very small openings. A normal sized mouse can move through and opening smaller than a quarter (U.S. quarter that is) :wink:

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 am

Depending on the age, they can actually fit through holes the size of a dime, from what I've heard.

Return to “General Automotive”