U-hual 12x6 trailer

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

avominassian

U-hual 12x6 trailer

Postby avominassian » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:08 am

im new to towing i wanted to tow a 12x6 u haul trailer. from houston to los angeles. has anyone done this before ?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 am

I'm assuming it's an enclosed trailer? It shoudn't be a problem unless you overload it. Does the trailer have electric brakes? You may want to use a higher grade gasoline while towing.

avominassian

Postby avominassian » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am

yes its a enclosed trailer. im moving our 2 bedroom apt. with no appliances. i hope i just dont over load it. i actually work for Nissan as a svc advisor. i know the vehicle has enough power, i just worry how the vehicle feels on the road.

ps i see you have done a lot to your pathfinder, chains, sending unit, etc.
have u done the radiator and tranmission yet?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am

You're right. Its not a matter of having enough power but control of the load. I've towed my Jeep (3500 lbs) behind my pathfidner and I would not be comfortable towing a whole lot more. But I don't tow much so Im never quite comfortable with a trailer.

I have not had any problems with my radiator or transmission so far. I bypassed the cooler in the bottom of the radiator a while back. Do you see a lot of vehicles with transmission problems as a result of the radiator cooler leaking?

avominassian

Postby avominassian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am

what brand transmission cooler do have installed ?
ive seen some on etrailers.com for about $50.00. i just dont know if they are big enough to cooler the fluid down to the right temp.
we do see the radiator failure here and there mainly its customers who havent svc the coolant in a long time or never. or dont go to a good shop /dealer for oil change the coolant is never check , before its too late.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 am

I'm just using the stock transmission cooler. I'm not too worried about since I don't tow much.

Return to “General Automotive”