Pathy still down!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

badkitty

Pathy still down!

Postby badkitty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 pm

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my poor Maybelle getting crunched by an uninsured motorist. I have since had surgery unrelated to my crash, so I was out of pocket.

Well, she is still in the shop.. so far we are at $7100 in damages. Dude trashed my suspension. :evil: The suspension cross arm in the back was broken and they had to wait on it from Nissan as that is not a part that is just in normal stock anywhere, hence the delay. They had to replace the tie rod just to be able to move it into the garage as it was completely broken and we know she ain't gonna roll like that.

After discussing the wreck with a police friend of mine, we have figured he was probably going about 50mph + when he hit me and the biggest impact was to the driver's side back tire, so yeah..

I did go visit her before my surgery just to check on progress and get some stuff I needed and the body shop she's at is a real class act so I am confident they're going to do her right. I have made it clear what this car means to me! It was pouring rain and there were a lot of wrecks that night, so she ended up at this shop by coincidence as they were the first tow truck they could get out there. The shop is a good 40 min from my house and I have never even heard of them but they have a great set up.

They think they may have it fixed by Tuesday (which is 6 days shy of a month from the wreck!) if it cooperates at alignment, so here's hoping! If they can get it Tuesday as promised, it will be one of the first times I'll be allowed to drive since surgery so maybe we'll have our victory lap together!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:55 pm

best of luck in getting in sorted quickly.
i know the feeling of having to wait for a car to get ready.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:28 am

Sucks for the wait. hopefully you and the Pathfinder heal quickly and are back on the road.

badkitty

Postby badkitty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Well, I drove for the first time today since my surgery. It felt nice to be back behind the wheel, but it was in my mom in law's beige Camry. Is the universe trying to punish me?

Oh well, I at least have bonded with the mom in law's car. It may be beige, but I had fun nailing curves (Of course, the Pathy loves the curves too!)

The next post will hopefully be one of me and the Pathy reunited at last. It's supposed to rain here on Tuesday so If I get it on Tuesday, that will be slightly poetic as the wreck happened in the pouring rain. Oh well, we both love puddles and she doesn't like to stay clean for long!

Return to “General Automotive”