Maybelle Rides Again!!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

badkitty

Maybelle Rides Again!!

Postby badkitty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm

A month and a day after getting waylaid by an uninsured motorist, my pathy is finally fixed!! Body work looks great! I noticed driving her home, it felt a little stiff, so checked tire pressures. The body shop sent my car to the place I bought the tires at to replace the two ruined in the accident. Whoever put the tires on for reason still unknown to me put 50 lbs of pressure in the back tires!! :shock:

I started to let some of the air out when something caught my eye and I suddenly noticed that the wheel lock was missing on the tire I was working on! Checked the other back tire and sure enough, it's missing its wheel lock too. Keep in mind, I just had major surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and have an 8 inch incision across my belly, but here I am in the heat, putting on lug nuts and letting air out of my tires!

I called the body shop and they were livid. I then called the tire shop and explained how lug nuts and proper tire pressure are essential and something their techs should know about! I probably would have just fixed it and not called anyone if I had not just gotten it out of the body shop! I'm calling the tire shop again tomorrow to make sure they got my message. I didn't get the guy I usually talk to and this guy didn't seem to grasp why I was calling.

Aside from this, I am so ecstatic to have my girl back! They sent one of the body shop guys on the test drive with me and I could not shut up. I had to apologize for being so hyper! I have never been happier to be out of a sedan and back in my Pathfinder Perch where I belong! She is driving like a dream and I just love to hear that engine.. Sounds so much better than a sedan!

I added two pics to her photostream. Once I get her properly detailed, I will be taking some more pics and then we may go play in the mud! :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38313463@N ... 917294466/

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 am

Glad to hear you got 'er back. Weird that they screwed up the pressure on your tires so bad. Was the ride really rough?

What kind of tires do you have? I actually ran 50lbs+ pressure when I had my LT REV02s, but they were designed for that. With an LT tire, you can't follow the door placard, as the different rating changes what the pressure should be. But with any P-rated tire, you should follow the door placard pressures.

t

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 am

Glad to hear you are back on the road. Still surprised they did not have all the lug nuts on the tires.

badkitty

Postby badkitty » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Disallow, I have Cooper discoverers h/t. They're really versatile for a highway tire. They are rated for high load and pressures or can be run at the standard 35 lbs so they would have probably been fine but it made it less responsive and it even made the steering feel stiff. Also, I live in the south and it has already heated up here. 50 lbs can get to 55-60 lbs pretty quick down here!. :-) I typically run 38-40 lbs. Seems to be where I get the best ride on paved and unpaved roads..

Volvite, you and me both. That's just seems pretty basic and a ridiculous thing to miss. It was sent to where I bought the tires from which is a big chain and we know how quality control can be an issue at those places.

I took it to the dealership today for the oil change (they were included for 60000 miles when I bought my pathfinder) and since my strength is less than normal because of my surgery, I had them check the lug nuts I put on, all the other lugnuts as well as the tires in general.

They were very impressed with the body and mechanical work. I had to brag on how well it performed during the accident.

Return to “General Automotive”