Throwing a P1145 Code :/

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Britni

Throwing a P1145 Code :/

Postby Britni » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 pm

So, I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder and I was driving to work and stopped by the store. When I got back in my check engine light came on (which has never happened before) when I got to work a friend of mine has a scanner and he checked it and there was 2 codes that were the P1145. I looked online and of course it told me it was the intake valve timing control. They said it could be caused by many reasons. One being low or dirty oil and my oil was a little over the due date so i went and got it changed and then cleared the code. Well I started it back up and the code was gone. I went to the gas station shut off the car and sure enough when I turned it back on, the check engine light came back on. My car has about 150k on it. I'm just wondering is it terrible to drive with this code on, will it really effect anything on there or does it need to be changed stat? I also heard that i should unplug the battery for 10 seconds and then try again? Just need some help haha.

Return to “General Automotive”