projector headlights NOT HID

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

newpath

projector headlights NOT HID

Postby newpath » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 pm

What is the point of this? If the company is going to bother putting in projector headlights, why not throw in the HID light to go with it? It's not like it would be hard to do. And I don't even understand the point of it. I've driven plenty of cars that have projectors without HID's. Acadia, Camry, MKX (the first generation of these) to name a few. I understand having the glare cut down for oncoming traffic and the more focused beam blah blah. But in reality, as a driver, I don't see a significant benefit over the headlight itself without an HID in it.
I was just thinking about all this on my drive home tonight :P

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm

I agree with you. I had an 04 Mazda 6 with projectors but no HIDs. The light output was horrible.

newpath

Postby newpath » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm

See, I'm not sure it's even that simple. We have a 2011 camry with projectors and no HID and the light is good I think. My sister talked about how much better her acadia is at night compared to her other car. And the other day I was driving my grandparents car and they have a 2012 Lincoln MKX. Now they have HID with projectors....and I was NOT impressed. I've driven their car many times, just never at night. So when I got the chance I was a bit excited to see how these HID's were. The coolest part is how the lights turn around corners as you do. But the light output was very disappointing.

Return to “General Automotive”