Possibly departing with my '05 Pathy, going full truck

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Spamcan

Possibly departing with my '05 Pathy, going full truck

Postby Spamcan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 am

I've been away for a while and just gotta say "Wow" about the tranny issue still increasing. Keep it going all, Nissan and NHTSA will hopefully step up!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

So, my wife and I finally bought us a house and with 2 large dogs we're thinking the Pathy or XTerra need to be swapped out for a full size truck. Being the Pathy is 3 years older and out of warranty...kinda no brainer it's the loser of the draw. We've been looking at the Titan and Toyota Tundra; between '09-'13 model years, 4 doors (Double Cab for Tundra, Crew Cab for Titan) and 4x4. So far the only issue I've heard about from a Titan is another radiator issue about the bottom leaking.

Does anyone have any feedback towards either truck? Suggested websites to check out?

Anyone want to buy my Pathy? 8)
Last edited by Spamcan on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 am

the tundra is a beast. tons of power and very durable.

titan (depends on which year) has some reliability issues with its cabin stability on rough roads.

have you considered an F150?

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks Mar1, that's kinda disconcerting about the Titan's cab issues. I haven't considered an F150, I've owned 2 Fords in the past and they were OK ('69 Econoline 100 van and '79 Mustang Pace Car). I may take a look, I'm in no rush so why not.

Though, I better do my tranny bypass ASAP...if I'm gonna not do a trade sooner than later.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

mar1 wrote:have you considered an F150?
Ford's subliminal messaging in the banner ad at the bottom of our forum must be working! :)

I won't be buying a full size, until they put a smaller displacement diesel into it. Nissan is working on a 2.8L I4 Cummins diesel for the Titan, sounds like it won't be available til 2014-15, if at all. I've posted about it in the past.

Though I probably wouldn't buy the first model year...

t

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 am

The radiator issue was on earlier Titans around 04-05; the bottom tank of the radiators would split or leak at the seams. Another issue was with the rear axle seals leaking and an axle kit was required for the fix, but that was also on earlier models. They have good power but drink a lot of gas! If you want one, look for 2011-and-later models. Personally, my choice would be for the Tundra.

Return to “General Automotive”