Nissan Pathfinders and Frontiers

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

omehffa

Nissan Pathfinders and Frontiers

Postby omehffa » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Why don't new Nissan Pathfinders and Frontiers come with eccentric bolts and washers? The Nissan dealership says they don't come with eccentric bolts and washers, which according to them is necessary for proper alignment.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:30 am

I agree they should, but it's not just Nissan; a lot of manufacturers do the same thing. They are only really necessary for proper alignment "if" the camber and/or caster is not inspect. Unless something has been bent or the suspension is worn, you will usually not need to get the eccentric bolt kit. The older Frontiers used to come with eccentrics from the factory. My 06 Pathy has over 100,000 miles on it and still has the original front bolts in it and still falls within specs for front camber/caster (I have access to a Hunter alignment machine and do my own alignments, so I'm sure!). The rear suspension comes from the factory with eccentrics. Auto manufacturers do what they do for the sake of ease of assembly and cost over post sale service and maintenance.

Return to “General Automotive”