2014 Nissan Xterra

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

2014 Nissan Xterra

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 am

Rumors + a widely circulated Nissan pdf confirm that the 2014 Xterra will hit showrooms at the end of October. It is supposedly a redesign of sorts. How much of a redesign is the big question, but there should hopefully be at least spy shots of the thing before October.

Since sales of the X have been declining year over year, they really need to do more than, say, change the rear bumper. The biggest reason I even care about this is that my Pathfinder won't be with me forever, and I really need to know what I will be getting next. With the current fad of producing bland, pavement crossovers, our choices for a real off-road worthy SUV are quite slim these days.

Here's a good thread to watch: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread ... 86&page=19

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 am

Steve,

Thanks for the link. I agree with you that most of the new so called "SUVs" are not really SUVs anymore. They lack the true ability to go off-road. No real transfercase for true 4x4.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 pm

ive been waiting to see updates to the xterra for a while. plus most new "suvs" are cuv on roaders with fake 4wd systems.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:05 am

Hmm, doesn't look like there will be a change for 2014:
Nissan Xterra
The adventure-ready 2014 Nissan Xterra continues to combine power, utility, value and authenticity – inspiring and facilitating outdoor enthusiasts to "attack life" wherever they go. Enhancements for 2014 include:
•New 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs for the S and PRO-4X grades
•Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, steering wheel audio controls and sunglass holder (overhead console) added as standard on X and S grades
•Push-type HVAC controls added to X grade
•Heated front cloth seats added as standard on PRO-4X
•Heated leather front seats available on PRO-4X
•Updated NissanConnect℠ with NissanConnect℠ Apps smartphone integration for iPhone® and Android, SiriusXM TravelLink (fuel prices, movie times, stock updates, sports scores) SiriusXM Weather and audio voice recognition
•Upgraded audio system on X grade
•Offered in Xterra X, Xterra S (4x4 and 4x2) and PRO-4X (4x4 only)
•Available October 2013
source: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... he-changes

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Just came back, form a visit to my Nissan dealer, they told me that the X-Terra and Armanda, will not be around for the 2016 model year. Sounds like Nissan will be out of the true 4x4 SUV market.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Oly 22 wrote:Just came back, form a visit to my Nissan dealer, they told me that the X-Terra and Armanda, will not be around for the 2016 model year. Sounds like Nissan will be out of the true 4x4 SUV market.
that may indeed be the case, but it may also be a ploy to sell you something now :roll:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 am

Oly 22 wrote:Just came back, form a visit to my Nissan dealer, they told me that the X-Terra and Armanda, will not be around for the 2016 model year. Sounds like Nissan will be out of the true 4x4 SUV market.
Someone was blowing smoke. The thing is, nobody knows. No official info exists about upcoming roadmaps, model changes, etc. At least one of the guys on the Xterra thread I linked to is involved with Nissan production, and he still doesn't know anything either. I hope they don't dump the X, because that would mean no more Nissan for me. And those rumors about an upcoming diesel engine are still persisting.

GSX-R35

Postby GSX-R35 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm hoping now that the R52 is a crossover that Nissan will at least keep the Xterra line a proper body-on-frame SUV and possibly even offer a three-row version for us R51 owners who need or want a replacement.

I can only hope we'll see a new Xterra come 2015. I kind of doubt Nissan will abandon body-on-frame trucks totally since off-road seems to be an aspect that Nissan still likes to maintain in the same way that they've spent loads of money on sporty vehicles like the GT-R and Z because performance is a core aspect of Nissan's identity. And since Nissan seems committed to being a full-line automaker trucks will need to be there in the lineup as a necessity.

And the waiting continues...

orton

Postby orton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:47 am

I'm glad that Nissan are sticking by the Xterra

Return to “General Automotive”