Hot off the presses - Diesel V8 for Titan!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 am

disallow wrote:
volvite wrote:
disallow wrote:Hopefully they do it to boost their CAFE average... :D
Educate me...CAFE?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_ ... el_Economy

2016 is a big year for this.
Thanks. I know I've heard it before just drew a blank. Got to love wikipedia.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:44 am

volvite wrote:I don't think they would put this motor into the Armada. Reason being no other car company in the US has done this. Look at the Tahoe, Expedition or even landcrusier (US model). All are still running gas engines when their truck counterparts have diesel engines. Ford's Excursion stopped production I think around 2005. It was the largetst diesel SUV on the market. We also haven't seen a diesel Suburban for years.

While I think it would be great if Nissan did, I really don't see it happening.
i know but there is always hope that they might. either way as long as the specs on the production model are good i think i know what i will be looking to get.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 am

disallow wrote:Weird, I know I posted but it didn't show up for some reason. Did someone blow it away?

What I said was you can't compare a Corolla and a Titan, simply based on the capabilities of either vehicle. Same reason I drive a pathy, it does what I need it to do. A good balance of space, towing capacity, and all the other things I like about Japanese designed vehicles.

But it is based on the needs of the individual driver. I wholeheartedly agree that if a corolla gets it done for you, by all means go buy one.

And if they put this diesel powerplant into an Armada, I will buy one in about 5 seconds!

T
:?: Who's comparing a Coralla and a Titan??? :?:

Return to “General Automotive”