Path 2005 SE. Updating the onboard road map. Where is it?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

AlexVLZ

Path 2005 SE. Updating the onboard road map. Where is it?

Postby AlexVLZ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi,

Try to get my onboard GPS map. Got in contact with a dealer and he asked me what version I was running, he told me to check the DVD, which I don't physically have. Now, he told me that it was impossible to run the GPS map without the map DVD.

Either I don't know where it is or it is a type of map stored in an onboard memory stick or something.

Is there a DVD unit somewhere else in the car?

PS - no, it is not inside the CD player.

thanks

Alex

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 am

I didn't know that '05 SE's come with navigation. I thought it was only the LE models (at least in the US). Your center stack looks like this:

Anyways, I don't have a Pathfinder, but just trying to help. I do believe there is a DVD player inside the armrest. That may serve as the source for the rear entertainment screen, though. I heard that it's not worth the cost to upgrade via the Nissan navigation DVD.

AlexVLZ

Postby AlexVLZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 pm

That is exactly my pathfinder, except that mine is manual drive. Yes, the LE got DVD, but the SE got only the front screen and little else.

hollywoodstylin wrote:I didn't know that '05 SE's come with navigation. I thought it was only the LE models (at least in the US). Your center stack looks like this:

Anyways, I don't have a Pathfinder, but just trying to help. I do believe there is a DVD player inside the armrest. That may serve as the source for the rear entertainment screen, though. I heard that it's not worth the cost to upgrade via the Nissan navigation DVD.

$racer1

Postby $racer1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 pm

i also have the LE and need the new version 6.11 dont wanna spend 100+ dollars on a update :(
my dvd is located under passenger seat..

White Knight

Postby White Knight » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Racer said it best, under the front passenger seat.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”