Two part question about sat radio

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

jfclk33

Two part question about sat radio

Postby jfclk33 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:31 pm

I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE with the Bose 6 disc (no nav) system. I signed up for Alldata to check some things out and I happened to be looking at the audio system diagram and saw that it shows my model being pre-wired for satellite radio. The problem is that I have no satellite button on my radio and I don't have the circular piece on the window that I saw another poster mention.

So, my first question is how can I know for sure that it is pre-wired or not without pulling out the factory stereo to look for wires?

My second question concerns what hardware I need to plug in if it is pre-wired. I'm wondering if this model will work on my vehicle?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XM-SATELLITE-RA ... 1122437908

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gibb

Postby Gibb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:55 pm

There is no dedicated SAT button. The RADIO button will cycle from FM, AM, and SAT if the truck is equipped.

Not sure what circular piece you are referring to. I have the BOSE 6-disk non NAV radio and it has the SAT capabilities. I'm not signed up right now, so it just displays the 1-888 number to call for activation.

On second thought, my truck does have a little black button looking thing on the dash. That is a sensor for the auto-lights and climate control system, nothing to do with the radio.

jfclk33

Postby jfclk33 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Ok, so yours must have the tuner installed already, whereas mine doesn't. When I hit the radio button, mine just cycles between AM and FM. I'm sure that will change if I install the tuner. Thanks for your help.

Now I'll wait to see if anyone knows whether or not that tuner I found will work for me. It lists my vehicle in the description, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”