Ram-Mount RAM-VB-154-SW1 Installed

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Ram-Mount RAM-VB-154-SW1 Installed

Postby blink32 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:30 pm

In light of my oncoming trip across the US I figured I should invest in a platform for my laptop to ease watching movies and messing with the intardwebs. Bit the bullet and ordered this last week. Overall this setup is pretty good. The instructions are pure crap. Lacking in parts lists so you can't even confirm if everything you need is there. They are super generic and non-vehicle specific consisting essentially of "loosen bolts, install". I'll admit that it wasn't all that hard to figure out but there are some "what is this for" moments. I'll put it through the real test in a few weeks. Once established you can rotate the platform to a ton of locations and the platform its-self can be orientated in many angles from 180 to 90 degrees.

In this picture is the first failure of the instructions. I originally read the directions and held the mounting bar up to the seat rails. But wait,WTF? It doesn't even come close to fitting or lining up. I was ready to pack it all back up and return it. But then I dug through the junk and there was the long silver bolt, the black washer on it and the black round tube to be used as a spacer to bring the bar up to pretty much level.

This is one of those parts of the instructions where the product fails. It tells you how to construct the "bearing" but not where to put it or anything.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:12 pm

That thing looks like it could take a hit from a baseball bat. Looks like a police cruiser. At least you can pull the platform off to keep prying eyes from getting ideas that a laptop is stashed in your truck somewhere. You're not going to pick up another truck are you? I thought your parking lot(yard) was full?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:31 am

I keep telling myself I won't pick another one up. Although I have scouted out trailer dealers on the west coast just incase I decided to drag another one home. But I think the wife would have a fit. :)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”