2005 LE Nav and DVD help.

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Johnny

2005 LE Nav and DVD help.

Postby Johnny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:40 am

I am a new Pathfinder owner. It is an 05 LE with everything(DVD and NAV etc), and I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to use the.....for my wife to use the navigation while I am driving. I have seen companies that make after market kits, but they all seem to be for M35?

2. I have read that you can watch the DVD on the navigation screen while in park with the parking break on, this seems to be false. Am I doing something wrong?

3. I was told that the keyfob would roll the windows down, however mine does not do this, and I don't see anything in the manual about this.

I appreciate all of the help.

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:55 am

1. http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=976

2. Not sure about this, I believe this feature was added on 2008 models. I don't see any video output from the dvd player to anywhere but the rear dvd monitor on 05-07 in the wiring diagram.

3. I think you hold down the unlock button button for longer than 3 seconds. Works on my '08.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:52 am

#1. You have to install a switch on the VSS wire for the NAV. Start searching/googling that and you will learn all about it.

#2. Incorrect AFAIK. The dvd reader is not capable of video out.

#3. 05 and 06 (I think 07's also) did not have that feature unfortunately.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Blink 32, thanks for all of the help. I need to clarify question #2. I also have the factory over head DVD player, with the actual dvd drive in the center console. I read some where that I can watch that DVD on the navigation screen. Is this also false, or is this possible?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Johnny wrote:I need to clarify question #2
That is the dock-able dvd player that you can move around with you correct? If so I'd bet a lot of money on those two systems being totally separate entities. So stock I'm extremely doubtful that is even remotely possible. Maybe you have a special input choice in one of the screens on your nav?

But there are items out there that will let you output video to your navigation screen. Look up VCI-NIS1 from Pac Audio. There are probably similar products out there also.

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Don't think he is referring to the dockable unit. He has the normal rear dvd entertainment system. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure you are not able to do this in pre-2008 model years. Hopefully someone will confirm.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Yes it is the factory rear/ceiling mounted dvd unit. I know they make aftermarket parts to add inputs to the navigation screen, I was just hoping there was already a wire going from the center console dvd disc drive to the screen.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”