Adding iPod interface ??

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Adding iPod interface ??

Postby Triffid » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm thinking about adding the Nissan iPod interface to my Pathy... It is and '05 with the Bose system and XM factory installed... How hard is the install and any ideas on cost?... Does it work well with the Bose head unit and XM radio?... Thanks!............. Triffid

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:23 am

Hey triff, I went a searching and found the interface kit at courtesy nissan. Here is the link

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... gory_Code=
They even have a directions pdf you can download.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:50 pm

boogyman wrote:Hey triff, I went a searching and found the interface kit at courtesy nissan. Here is the link

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... gory_Code=
They even have a directions pdf you can download.
Thanks boogyman!... I've read the instructions and it looks pretty simple... Anyone done this install?... If so, how do you like it?... Thanks!.......... Triffid

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:48 pm

Triffd,

did you happen to tackle this install yet? If not and you do it in the future I would be very grateful if you get some pictures of the cabling.

Blink

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:21 pm

blink32 wrote:Triffd,

did you happen to tackle this install yet? If not and you do it in the future I would be very grateful if you get some pictures of the cabling.

Blink
Blink32... Not yet... Maybe under the Xmas Tree :mrgreen: ........ Triffid

hpc3

May be too late but... installed mine last week:

Postby hpc3 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Fairly easy, remove drivers knee panel(two screws, one hidden under the left trim piece) and open both gloveboxes. Nissan iPod gateway mounts to an upright behind the 2wd/4wd selector(or blank in my case) with zip ties. Has a CAN cable that plugs into the gateway and then into the prewired Sat plug on the driver side(left) firewall and then another cable that goes from the gateway to the glovebox. I installed mine in the top box as I can get to it easier for install/removal of the iPod(you sacrifice the ability to lock it up but... its all plastic, someone that wanted in the glovebox could get into it easily anyway).

I didn't take any pics... sorry. Last thing I think of while doing an install. This can be done in an hour or less if your parts department gives you the right gateway/cable. Mine did not initially and I got to do the gateway portion over again =-/

Works great with the right parts of course.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”