2005 Pathfinder XE audio upgrade. Comments welcome.

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

myriad46

2005 Pathfinder XE audio upgrade. Comments welcome.

Postby myriad46 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am

I am dealing with the stock XE model, so no bose.

I am changing the head unit to after market. I am looking at a couple different JVC models with HD Radio built-in. Approx 20 watts RMS / channel.

For speakers, I am a looking at component 5 1/4" in the front (separate tweeters) and replacement 6 1/2" in the rear door.

I am planning on building a subwoofer box just like the JL Audio Stealthbox. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13694321/J ... phite.html . Right now I am planning on a 10" single sub with around 300 watts RMS.

Originally, I was looking at both front and rear speakers that could handle around 100 watts RMS, but a 4x100 amp was getting too expensive. I was then thinking about getting a 2x60 or 75 amp for the front speakers, as they will have the tweeter attached and could use the extra juice. Then I was thinking that component tweeters are already too peircing sometimes and to leave the rear door speakers with stock power would give me no mid-range power.

So. I think I am going to get a 2x60 or 75 amp for the rear door 6 1/2's which may have an RMS rating of 50 or so. Then leave the front component speakers (35 RMS) on stock power ( 17 or 20 RMS). Then I would have the sub in the back.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:40 pm

That sounds perfect. I did almost the same but in mine I left the sub and amp in the back. :roll: However I am planning on buying a used panel to hide the sub and amp and keep the original look. 8)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”