Anyone have Experience with Panasonic?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Fofiddy

Anyone have Experience with Panasonic?

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Hey I just found out that I get a ridiculous discount on panisonic Speakers, Amps and Head units from my work.

It was originally a tossup between the clarion DFZ675MC and the Panasonic CQ-VD6503U... Now I'm thinking of buiding a system. I have no interested in breaching the $500 mark for my headunit, thats right I'm El cheapo. Also I'm a pretty low key guy, my Path is Storm Grey and I was considering having my front grill sprayed body color since I'm a little bothered by the overabundance of chrome. I am the antithesis of bling, putting 22" chrome wheels on a 4x4 is like giving a Diabetic a maple syrup IV.

The only thing I'm dead set on is doing a double din unit, I'd like to keep it looking as OEM as Possible, thus my interest in the Clarion DFZ (can change the button color to match the crappy Nissan Amber/Orange) But a nice 6.5" screen double din unit would be trick and give me the ability to throw in Nav modules etc if need be. Not that I get lost on my 7 mile commute to work everynight. But it would be nice when I haul the bikes to Hatfield McCoy etc. No one wants to get lost in Deliverance country...

Panasonic:
Clarion:
Image[/b]

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I had a panasonic CQ line head unit for several years. I never had any issues except one channel blowing out, but I had a speaker wire short that I'm sure caused that.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:07 am

So would you reccomend the CQ? For the money it's incredibly tempting, the Ipod control, DVD, GPS expandibility (although I haven't read anything about Panasonic's execution of GPS) etc...
Also no mention of RDS...
The only drawback with a touch screen you lose the tactile advantage of buttons.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:08 am

From a radio/cd player aspect yes, I would recommend it. I liked the features that it came with for the price, I had modest RF or Cerwin 6.5" speakers in the beater it was in. I liked the remote and the performance overall. But it was an older model CQ that didn't have NAV and all that fancy stuff. Actually, after going back I've had 2 CQ model Panasonics since 2000 and liked them both.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:02 am

just came to the realization that Panasonic doesn't make a GPS module/unit... Bummer
I like the rear camera Idea but I can't justify 5.1 and a DVD player in the Path now it's down to sound quality between the 2 units

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”