2005 Canadian Pathfinder... Project: Everything must go

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Mr.Ceddy

2005 Canadian Pathfinder... Project: Everything must go

Postby Mr.Ceddy » Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 pm

Hey guys, I will use this thread to keep you updated on progress of my soon to BOSE stripped 2005 Pathfinder. The goal is to replace every audio component that is stock From Deck to speakers the only thing stock will eb Door speaker wiring,. Additionally I will add a rear view camera, Sirius satellite radio, and then if i have any money left an eBay bought XBOX which may already be modded :).

After months of legally purchasing all components at the lowest prices possible all 6 packages have been delivered. Pictures below are of components to be installed this weekend.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 am

Damn!!! All that in one weekend eh? Keep us posted!!!

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri May 18, 2007 12:23 pm

That looks like a lot of fun. Well at least after you are finished installing it all. I'm surprised you aren't changing the wiring after going thru the expense of the equipment. I know it would add to the time, but may make it all sound that much better. Good luck on the install, one thing you should do is get some extra plastic panel plugs. I usually break at least 1 when removing panels

Mr.Ceddy

Postby Mr.Ceddy » Wed May 23, 2007 6:14 am

Update: This weekend has completed exhausted me! and I have not even completed the install. So far I have the deck and all the RCA's replaced, front speakers and tweeters replaced( new wiring for the tweeters stock wiring for 6.5 )front doors sound deadened, rear view camera added, dvd /nav bypass, rear view camera by pass. both amps installed although wiring is not completed hidden yet.
What's left? rear doors and mounting the subs in the box and into the car.

Problems so far? After temporally putting my car back together ( so I can drive to work) the TCS and SLIP and air bag lights stayed on. After a few short trips the TCS and SLIP light turned off but both air bag lights remain on. I will go over my connections but I am sure all harness are reattached. Anyone know if a computer reset is needed to clear the code? or is there truly a damaged wire or unplug harness?

(I will try and get my additional pics up as soon as possible)

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:02 am

the TCS/Slip issue is normal. Every time you disconnect the battery you will get that and 5 mins of normal driving will clear it as you found out.

I think I remember my airbag light staying on after messing around also but I'm not 100% on how I fixed it.

I found this on a Titan board. I'm pretty sure I used this method or another similar one:

1)turn ignition switch from off to on
2)within 1 second after the aribag light starts to flash---immeditely turn the ignition off
3)after ignition is off, wait for more than 5 seconds
4)then repeat steps 1 through 3---do all steps 3 times
5)turn the ignition on, and the airbag sensor should go off and not flash anymore

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed May 23, 2007 9:22 am

I just posted the directions the other day in the 2005+ pathfinder section. It's under resetting air bag light. Please try and do a little searching. Oh and Mr. Ceddy I saw your post on nissanforums too. That is where I originally got the directions. I'm not trying to be a harda55, but that is what the search button is for, so we don't get repeat posts.

Mr.Ceddy

Postby Mr.Ceddy » Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 am

boogyman wrote:I just posted the directions the other day in the 2005+ pathfinder section. It's under resetting air bag light. Please try and do a little searching. Oh and Mr. Ceddy I saw your post on nissanforums too. That is where I originally got the directions. I'm not trying to be a harda55, but that is what the search button is for, so we don't get repeat posts.
Thanks for the tip Boogyman, please keep in mind the purpose of this thread is to enlighten the community on my audio install , and not to educate others on how to reset an airbag error code. I will upload my pictures shortly... sorry for the delay.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:13 am

Mr. Ceddy, did you get any pictures of the install? It would be nice to see what other people do to make their Pathy different from the rest.

Mr.Ceddy

Postby Mr.Ceddy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:27 am

Sorry I was called away on business last week, and completly forgot about you guys :(.. here are some pictures I have on my work pc.

Wiring is a lil messy but I am still working on it... hopefully I can find another free weekend as i still have the rear doors to finish and sire to cleanup.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:40 am

That's a lot of cable to try and hide. No wonder you are still working on it. Good luck.

RBOWWOW

Postby RBOWWOW » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:47 am

Gettin ready to do the same..but I wanna get another sub into that space where the stock sub exists....ie no extra box in the back. How are you doin yours? I asked on a different post what the space in the sub area looked like and what measurements of box may fit.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:33 am

Anyone have dimming issues if so what have you done about it?
Canadian Pathy, what are you using as your battery?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”