dash lights do not work

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

bjax10

dash lights do not work

Postby bjax10 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm

hey guys after installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 pathy my dash lights stopped working as well as my fog lights and lights for the gear shift. its strange because within the instrument cluster the high beams seat belt lights work and the illumination for the mileage works. but when i turn my headlights on the illumination for mileage and heating and a/c turns off. i have checked all of the fuses and they are not blown. could it be a bad dimmer switch or does the orange and orange/black illumination wires need to be connected to my stereo? this is a real pain in ass cause i can't see at night and so frustrating because i feel like i have exhausted all of my options without getting screwed by the dealership. thanks for all the help.

jrk042385

Dash lights

Postby jrk042385 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Hey man 2 things.
1. check and make sure you have no wires that are grounding out behind the radio.
2.Piggy back a wire that has power and connect it temporarily to the illuminated wire one of the two and see if your problem is solved. If it is not try the other.

Good luck!!

bjax10

Re: dash lights do not work

Postby bjax10 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:54 am

bjax10 wrote:hey guys after installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 pathy my dash lights stopped working as well as my fog lights and lights for the gear shift. its strange because within the instrument cluster the high beams seat belt lights work and the illumination for the mileage works. but when i turn my headlights on the illumination for mileage and heating and a/c turns off. i have checked all of the fuses and they are not blown. could it be a bad dimmer switch or does the orange and orange/black illumination wires need to be connected to my stereo? this is a real pain in ass cause i can't see at night and so frustrating because i feel like i have exhausted all of my options without getting screwed by the dealership. thanks for all the help.
i figured the problem out. it was a bad dimmer switch.. went to a junk yard and got the switch for $5.... so freaking happy to have dashlights again

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”