Runing board Led's

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Running booard leds (under the boards)

Cool
83%
Lame
17%

Total votes: 12

jrk042385

Runing board Led's

Postby jrk042385 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 pm

I am thinking of adding some led strips under the running board and wiring them to the dome lights in the car as to have them only light up as a courtesy light at night. What do you you think?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 am

if it's done right it will look very nice.

John

Postby John » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:49 am

Same thing here. I think it can be very nice, depending on the color as well.

jrk042385

Postby jrk042385 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 am

Im thinking of just plain white to match my 5000k headlights and not too many maybe 10 on each side just enough to light up the ground

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 pm

What are you going to connect these to? I was thingking about the same approach to small LEDs on the bottom of the mirrors to light up appriach and entry when you open doors with remote, but can't come up with a good power source. I dont want these to be on every time the interior lights are on or contstantly on with ignition or corner lights. I would love to figure out the way to have them light up when you unlock the vehicle and then fade away in 30 seconds. Not sure how to ge tthat done though..

Kami

Re: Runing board Led's

Postby Kami » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 pm

jrk042385 wrote:I am thinking of adding some led strips under the running board and wiring them to the dome lights in the car as to have them only light up as a courtesy light at night. What do you you think?
When you do it get the led strips from ebay(yes they waterproof make sure it says so), have them on my truck for a while now and they are awesome i recommend the cool white as it looks close to 6K HID lights, but whatever u like.

For wiring, up to you, you can run a wire to the ground (battery) and then tap the power into your headlight socket (squeeze it into the pins), so that way they come on when you flip the headlight knob. Or the better option (what I did), which means investing more time would be to install a rocker switch (ground/acc/power) and run the wires to the switch and battery and that way you can pop them one when ever u like without having to have the ignition on! :) These thinks that I love burn close to nothing in pwer, I left them on once by accident :D for 8 hours and was all good....battery started like normal 8)

Also consider just getting an LED underbody kit like I did, way easier to hook up as all the wires run into a "hub" and then you run the "hub" wire into the truck and it connects to a switch box that allows you to control the lights (single color or multi or pattenns).

Msg me if u want pics.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”