Rear view mirror swap?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

conester

Rear view mirror swap?

Postby conester » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

So my 2010 pathfinder SE doesn't have the rear view mirror with the home link and compass. Can I swap my existing mirror with the one with the home link and compass? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
Brian

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Brian,

I believe you can. All you would have to do is buy the kit. I'm not 100% sure but I know I did this kind of swap on my 04 Mazda 6. All I did was buy the wiring kit and mirror. Then running the wires for the mirror was very easy. Should be the same I think on the pathfinder as it has power at the roof where the lights are. I'd contact courtsey nissan as lots of members on this forum buy and recommend them. They might be able to help you find the parts you need and get you a good deal.

Jon

Bcraven22

Re: Rear view mirror swap?

Postby Bcraven22 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 pm

conester wrote:So my 2010 pathfinder SE doesn't have the rear view mirror with the home link and compass. Can I swap my existing mirror with the one with the home link and compass? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
Brian
Did you ever get this done? Was it hard?

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Wed May 16, 2012 2:55 am

I actually did this to a Gentex mirror that has Homelink, compass, and temperature. Although this is for the Xterra, it should be the same for the Pathfinder: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1405

Bcraven22

Postby Bcraven22 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 am

hollywoodstylin wrote:I actually did this to a Gentex mirror that has Homelink, compass, and temperature. Although this is for the Xterra, it should be the same for the Pathfinder: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1405
Thanks for the info Hollywood. Where abouts in Houston do you live? What kind of work are you in? I'll be moving out to Cypress at the end of July.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”