The final word on Lifting the R50 at low cost !

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

fleurys

The final word on Lifting the R50 at low cost !

Postby fleurys » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 pm

I'm happy to present to you the most easy and affordable way to level or lift your R50. Basically for years, there has been only two solutions : lift with AC springs for a 2" lift or Krypton Fab for 4". Krypton Fabrication is a great company and if you are looking for a 4" lift kit, they have a great product that will work for you. My hat to you guys !

On the other hand, AC springs, although of good quality, are costly. They also bring a new problem of their own called top-out. This is when the strut reaches it's maximum extension by making a loud noise. This is caused because the lift is reach by putting stiffer coils. By doing so, the unibody of the R50 sits higher on it's springs...but is also mean that the struts are almost at maximum extension....not good... (I know for a fact since I had , myself, to install limiting straps to prevent this problem).

4x4design.com now offers you a new low cost alternative for a 2" and lower lift. HDPE spacers have been around for many years and have been proven to work. Daystar is a good example that has been making spacers with aluminium , then changed to 'durathane'. This is their own recipe of polyurethane.

Spacers are great also because you keep you plush ride since you do not have to change expensive coils with stiffer ones !. Top-out is not a problem since you do not over-extent your struts.

For a complete comparison of 3 different spacers kit (with pictures), check out on the web site : http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php . From there you will SEE what different spacers give how much lift. From there, you will be able to order the right lift for you and your activities. It can go from a simple rear spacers only for towing or full front and rear lift. You can also used them to level your truck on the front.

Come see for yourselves ! http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php

Before lift :

After 2" lift all around:

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”