FS: 1987 Pathfinder...

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

thaddeusf

FS: 1987 Pathfinder...

Postby thaddeusf » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 2 door, Red exterior, grey interior. Body is a little rough, but the truck is solid. 4x4 works perfectly. I have receipts for a freshly rebuilt transmission (5-speed manual), new clutch, new catalytic converter, new muffler, new waterpump, new hoses, new radiator, lifetime guaranteed ceramic brakes, brand new condenser hose and fully charged AC system. The AC light comes on, but the compressor isn't kicking on, I think it's a loose wire and the compressor is NOT frozen. But, then again, I'm no electrician. Everything else works. This truck has NEVER not started and has never left me stranded. Also, she has a new cap/rotor, plug wires and Bosch Platinum spark plugs. Perfect for the handyman, college student or anyone on a tight budget that needs a RELIABLE MODE OF TRANSPORTATION. Title is clear and signed. Registration lapsed in Sept. 2009 and according to AAA, it'll cost $140 + $15 transfer fee to get it on the road. You'll need to smog her, and replace the windshield, as she has one long crack. (The cracked windshield has been that way since before I bought it, 10 years ago.) Also, you'll need to replace the driver's side door handle, but I have printed out several pages from a website that sells them for around $5. I haven't driven her in a year, but I start it up once a week and take her around the block a few times once a month. Tires are good, shocks are good, she has 264,000 miles on her and I'll bet you'll get another 200,000 miles out of her.

The very first person to show up with $800 cash (price is FIRM) drives off with her. I've owned this truck for 10 years now, but it's time to let her go.

I can email pictures if you like. Also, I'm located in Studio City, California; Los Angeles area. Thanks!

thaddeusf

Postby thaddeusf » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 pm

No inquiries at all? :cry:

It's a great little truck and needs a good home....or a chop shop. lol

~G{}{}BER~

Postby ~G{}{}BER~ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey... I don't have the money to buy your truck (although it seems like a good truck) So I was wondering if you would be willing to sell a part off of it.

I'm not entirely sure what the part is called (part of the lower control arm?) but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement

Here is a picture of the part I'm looking for (this pic is taken from the drivers side, behind the wheel/tire), I need the bar that the two bolts shown in the picture hold, and the part that goes through the metal piece in the right hand side of the picture. Sorry I'm not being very descriptive, again, I'm not sure what this part is called and the one in my picture is snapped in two.

Hit me up if you are willing to sell and if you aren't, that's understandable.

Thanks for your time.

-Brent

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 pm

~G{}{}BER~ wrote:Hey... I don't have the money to buy your truck (although it seems like a good truck) So I was wondering if you would be willing to sell a part off of it.

I'm not entirely sure what the part is called (part of the lower control arm?) but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement

Here is a picture of the part I'm looking for (this pic is taken from the drivers side, behind the wheel/tire), I need the bar that the two bolts shown in the picture hold, and the part that goes through the metal piece in the right hand side of the picture. Sorry I'm not being very descriptive, again, I'm not sure what this part is called and the one in my picture is snapped in two.

Hit me up if you are willing to sell and if you aren't, that's understandable.

Thanks for your time.

-Brent
Here is a breakdown of the front suspension. Is the part you're looking for in it? I can try and get you a part #.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:32 pm

@ thaddeusf

Pictures of the vehicle may spark some intrerest.

~G{}{}BER~

Postby ~G{}{}BER~ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 am

Here is a breakdown of the front suspension. Is the part you're looking for in it? I can try and get you a part #.

Nope, I don't see it. I think it's actually a part of the steering system. Do you have a diagram of all steering parts?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Here is the steering diagram. Do you see the part here?

~G{}{}BER~

Postby ~G{}{}BER~ » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey I'm not seeing the part at all...

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but mine is a 1994, could you post both the steering and suspension diagram for 1994's?

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 am

~G{}{}BER~ wrote:Hey I'm not seeing the part at all...
It's part of your Suspension not your Steering. On page FA-4 & 5 of the 94 FSM you can just barely see it as part of the Lower Link Assembly of the 2wd and 4wd Pathy's. It appears to be named/called a Tension Rod and/or Compression Rod. FA-37 has a clearer picture.

Here is a link to the part as best as I can tell:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/54470m-rod ... 50023.html

You can see it here in this schematic if you look close enough:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _5670.html

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”