4x4design.com * New products * (spacers)

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

fleurys

4x4design.com * New products * (spacers)

Postby fleurys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:03 pm

for 96-04 r50

Finally, they are available.

For the front : 1 inch threaded spacers. material is 6061-t6 aluminium + black powder coated finish

For the rear : 1 inch spacers. No bolting or welding. Simply install them between the coils and the base.

With these and the AC coils, you can fit 33" with some trimming of plastics and keep full flex in the trails...

This is my 2001 with AC coils and front & rear spacers with 33" (255/85R16) on OEM nissan wheels with 1.25 wheel spacers. (No SFD)

Check out the details and pricing at : http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.html

TNWade

Awesome job Fleury!!

Postby TNWade » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Wow, those spacers and your rig look great!! I've been starting to plan the next mod and debating between committing to the SFD vs. spacers.

I'd love to see Pathys with both right in front of me so I could get a feel for the differences. Since most SFDs are 4", added to 2" suspension lift, ~6" seems like a lot for what I do. I use my rig as more of an expedition vehicle, not a pure rock crawler. After running a bunch of trails out west (Moab, Colorado) I've started to think that ~4" of lift and 33" tires is about the perfect setup for me.

This combination of front/rear spacers may be the pick!

How's your rig been riding with these mods? The pic shows a bit of a rake. Is that by intent, how you were sitting in the pic, or are you just waiting for the rear to settle a bit? Last question: have you noticed any other issues with the suspension or alignment? (I know this comes up a lot in the NPORA forum...)

Again, great job! (I'm flagging this for future follow up.)

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 am

Thanks for the good comments...

My truck has been riding perfectly with the spacers. It is true that you will need 2 cam bolts for the front adjustment. Also, if you are not using rockford thermoplastic cv boots, I would recommend you install manual lock hubs in order to save your boots, because the cv angle is more steep and does not play nice with neoprene old boots :-)

As for the rake , it is by intent. By raising the front and the rear both equally 1 inch, the pathfinder keeps it's original rake. As for me, I liked the rake to stay like this since I often do long trip ride. You can see in my picture, there is some grey boxes outside the truck. I carry 2 of these, which contains my tools and spare parts.. It can become heavy very fast if you add the camping gear and the food. So when I'm fully loaded for the trail, the truck sits pretty much level...

Also, i'm building a rear bumper with tire carrier that will add a probably a good 200lbs with the tire on it, so truck will be level once everything done... This is why I wanted the rake to begin with when truck is empty.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”