K&N Air Intake System for V8 5.6 Nissan Pathfinder $150

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

thegovernor

K&N Air Intake System for V8 5.6 Nissan Pathfinder $150

Postby thegovernor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 am

K&N Air Intake System (77-6016ks) Great condition, used for 25K miles.

I cleaned all the parts & washed the air filter. Held off on re-oiling. I can oil it for you, or include a can of K&N oil so you can do it when you install, just let me know.

I had this air intake installed with the Bully Dog 40402 on my 2010 V8 Pathfinder. Please see my previous post for my write up on gas savings.

The only problem I found with the air intake was the lack of air flow. Because the K&N air box uses the factory air box location that vents into the air-tight fender, the air box would quickly become heat soaked at operating temps. To fix this, I fabricated a 3" air vent (pic #5) to run to the front of the engine compartment which allowed the air intake temp to remain only 5-8 degrees above ambient air temp. I was able to monitor this from the Bully Dog air intake gauge setting. The increase in fuel savings was incredible. Anyway, long story short, it is included with the system. If not wanted, it can easily be deleted with a plug or some tape.

Packed & ready to ship in original boxes. Retails for +280, Asking $150+shipping obo. Sold my V8 Pathfinder & no longer need the system. Located in Silver Spring, MD. Paypal or pickup. Thanks!

shaggyT

Postby shaggyT » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am

You think this would fit an 05 V6?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:48 pm

No it won't fit.

shaggyT

Postby shaggyT » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

K, thanks.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Governor, do you have any pics of this system installed on your old rig? Trying to wrap my head around how you solved the heat issue.

Thanks

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Zen_master wrote:Hi Governor, do you have any pics of this system installed on your old rig? Trying to wrap my head around how you solved the heat issue.

Thanks
judging by where that extra tube is, it's sucking air from inbetween the radiator and drivers side headlight. i know there's a slight gap through that stuff and it could grab air through the front grill just to the inside of that drivers side headlight. at least that's where my airraid seems to suck from since i didn't connect the stock hose and such.....

thegovernor

Postby thegovernor » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Zen_master wrote:Hi Governor, do you have any pics of this system installed on your old rig? Trying to wrap my head around how you solved the heat issue.

Thanks
Yes. Here's a link to a post from last year or so....

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... dd0cb86a2c

& Yes doctahjones, you are exactly right :!:

thegovernor

SOLD

Postby thegovernor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Yes, sold

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”