WTB - Needed, Vq40de INT Camshaft Sprocket

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

HLEGuitars

WTB - Needed, Vq40de INT Camshaft Sprocket

Postby HLEGuitars » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:53 am

I just tore my motor apart and found that the drivers side chain tensioner took a crap.. and took the sprockets with it...

The outer sprocket and tensioners comes with the chain kit, but i can't find a listing for the inner anywhere..

The outer one is chewed up pretty bad, i haven;t taken the chain off... but i can only assume that the inner is in similar condition..

need to get this thing back on the road because the wife and the four kids are not happy with the loaner vehicle i was able to procure..

Any suggestions on used parts dealers would be appreciated as well.

for reference.. its the big assed gear on the left in the picture that i need...

the one on the right, where you can see the teeth have been eaten, I have a new one!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:31 am

I checked CourtesyNissanParts and I think the part you are referring to is 13025 on the Camshaft and Valve Mechanism diagram.

Its listed for $375. Your pic doesn't seem to show any major damage. I'd leave it.

Or maybe a wrecker?

t

HLEGuitars

Postby HLEGuitars » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 am

disallow wrote:I checked CourtesyNissanParts and I think the part you are referring to is 13025 on the Camshaft and Valve Mechanism diagram.

Its listed for $375. Your pic doesn't seem to show any major damage. I'd leave it.

Or maybe a wrecker?

t
OK.. so the "divots" pictures on the teeth of the exhaust gear ern't that big a deal? (yellow pencil pointer)

I just don't want to go through the GIANT PITA again because I cheaped out on a part!!!!!!

THIS is why I used to LOVE my Rotary Motors in my RX-7's.. no timing chains, valves... cams.... if you put the thing together and the motor turned... the rotors were in time !!!!!! (of course, you then had to get the crank angle sensor aligned.. but.. thats nothing!!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

I can't picture a salvage yard pulling apart the front of a VQ40DE engine to sell just the cam gear and it's likely not a part available on the aftermarket. Your best bet is to get one through a dealer. Best prices for Nissan parts I've found is www.1staaanissanparts.com

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 am

smj999smj wrote:I can't picture a salvage yard pulling apart the front of a VQ40DE engine to sell just the cam gear and it's likely not a part available on the aftermarket. Your best bet is to get one through a dealer. Best prices for Nissan parts I've found is www.1staaanissanparts.com
Their website doesn't appear to be working today. I was trying to get a price for a fan clutch, but everything says N/A under price...

Also, based on the pics, do you think he needs one?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:06 pm

I just went to the site and looked it up. Site worked just fine. They show the intake gear at $357.71 +shipping (MSRP $480.79) and the exhaust gear at $42.65 +shipping (MSRP $59.23).

As far as whether he needs the gear(s) or not, it's hard for me to say based on the picture. It would probably be the practical thing to do in the long run. If there are any nicks or chips on any of the teeth, it should be replaced. I would have to see the part off the engine and up close to determine that.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:07 pm

yeah just my fan clutch and cooling system componnets still showing n/a.

They replied to my email, their website was down this weekend.

t

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm

disallow...the price of the fan clutch at their site is $131.21 +shipping (MSRP $182.23). Look at item #9 on the diagram.

HLEGuitars

Postby HLEGuitars » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 pm

believe it or not.. I guy had a set on ebay.....

for $35..

I asked him to send me the best one!!!!!

If its better than mine I'll use it!!!

Only problem is.. its off a 2007.. unsure if its before or AFTER 5/07 when he part numbers change. BUT.. i'm still trying to figure out exactly what the change is...

I'll post detailed pics of the actual gear tonight after i get home and pull it off!

And of course I'll drag it to my local old motor head parts dealer and get his opinion as well when i pick up the timing set he ordered in for me.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:01 pm

The timing gears are the same from 2005 through 2012 VQ40DE engines for Pathys, Xterras and Frontiers. Part numbers change or "supersede" for a lot of different reasons and they don't necessarily mean there's a change in the part. In some cases it could be an update to the part, or just possibly a change in manufacturer of a part, or it could just be an update to the parts catalog numbering system.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”