first towing road trip...

Life on the road is what automobiles were made for, share your road trip stories and pictures here.

Moderator: volvite

marked001

first towing road trip...

Postby marked001 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 am

..its just a dolly, but it was the first time I towed anything with the Path... towed great, hardly knew the car was back there... went from Philly to Springfield, Mass and back last Sunday..with a few stops along the way..

this is going to be our new track car... my buddy and I went in on it.. it 'runs'..has a vr6 swap.. the lights are gone..dont worry.. they were off that same night ;) the interior was just yanked out.. lots to do this winter..

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:51 am

What was up in Springfield? A solo1 course or something else?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:44 am

Boy you are going to have fun tweaking the corrado. Plus having the engine swap already done is a big check off the list. At least you don't have the useless variable wing. Plastic gears are just stupid. Will you be taking it to waterfest next year? It a good time with a show in the parking lot as good as inside the gate.

marked001

Postby marked001 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 am

blink..the car was located in springfield..this thing is a long long way from being track worthy..

yeah..we are excited to work on this car, we've both always loved corrados. i'm not sure its ever going to make it to waterfest... could def. be cool to trailer it in there though ;) i used to have a b5 a4 with a t28 that made a few appearances at waterfest

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 am

ahh, ok, had to go get the toy. :) The fact that you even got a corrado to begin with shows your probably already entrenched in Dub life, but I know a few guys who are way into them if you need another line on parts...

marked001

Postby marked001 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:18 am

towed the car back up to brooklyn to its winter work space.... was riding looooowww.. haha. next time i use a uhaul trailer, i'm using my own tie downs so i can balance the car.. the truck was fine until the car went onto the last 6" of the trailer and the rear end dropped..haha..and that was with air lift springs at 35 psi..granted, there was a huge compressor and toolbox in the back of the truck as well...but still ;)

and the new spot..

and after a little work..

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:17 am

marked001 wrote:towed the car back up to brooklyn to its winter work space.... was riding looooowww.. haha.
been there CT-WV and back...shoulda ordered the Airlifts earlier

Return to “Roaaad Trip!!!”