That much difference in clearance?

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Aftermarket and factory support is greater for Toyota, the most you're going to do to a 5yr old rig is lockers, armor and 33s. It's just cheaper and easier in a 4runner. The biggest drawback for the Pathy is the big plastic shit hanging off the bumpers and the lack of a factory locker. IRS is awesome for clearance but it's weaknesses start to show above 33s as articulation and strength suffers.

Is ARB the only locker option? We also need more rear bumper options as its not a part we share with the Frontier.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 am

Yea I would love to see more aftermarket support for the pathfinder. However I don't think that will really happen as it's a slim amount of people that actually buy a pathfinder and want to do modifications. Most buy for their families to go from point A to point B, which honestly I did as well, but I still want to do some modifications to allow me to do some off road driving when I arrive at point B. There are some parts I'm looking into, but with such a small demand, they sure ask a good amount of money for their products. I'd love to get some rock sliders like NVSteve has and a front and rear bumper that others on this forum have too.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”