installing adjustable front alignment bolts

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

installing adjustable front alignment bolts

Postby doctahjones » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:15 pm

so my camber is -1+ degree off in each tire in the front. don't remember it being that bad when i had the bilsteins @1.5in, but since going to the rancho @2in it's at that now. the alignment guy said that while i wouldn't -have- to do it, he suggested i get the adjustable bolts for the front suspension. I ordered the bolts from PRG (i had ordered them before, but apparently didn't need them with the bilsteins) and have them in hand.

I was going to install them today after the broncos game, and was looking for some tips. I'll be doing one at a time, but didn't know if i needed to support the frame at all when changing them out, or can i just unscrew and tap one bolt out at a time and be fine?

I'll also be taking it to the alignment store (big o tires, got the 1yr deal) tomorrow for a realign, so I don't care if i "mess up" the alignment. I just want to make sure the truck/suspension doesn't drop on me if i take out one of these bolts.

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:51 pm

when my bro replaced my bolts he supported the frame in order to take the tires off to make installation easier.

when he was finished, the drive to have it aligned was terrifying... i had what felt like no control over the steering!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:52 pm

eh, i'm not really worried about the steering right after, it's ~2mi to the tire shop with speed limits not exceeding ~40mph...

but it looks like i won't get to this until after christmas, hoping before new years. had some work issues run alot longer than i though this morning so i didn't get to it today. tomorrow i take our dags to 'camp' so that we can fly back home to Dallas for xmas and such. won't be back until sat night.....

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”