airborn, baby!

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

HydroPonix

airborn, baby!

Postby HydroPonix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 am

Damn it; I was helping a stranger out last night, went down a solitary road with about 6 to 7 inches of powder, so i kept it around 25 mph tto not high center, found a flat spot and turned around. I headed back to the road ( I was on the Vertical end of a T section in farm territory, all dirt roads) when i came up on the main road i hit the brakes and slid across the main road into a pile of dirt one foot high shaped like a crude ramp. I hit it at about 10mph flew almost a foot in the air and came down hard. Car didnt turn off and everything feels and sounds the same, except now the heatshield on the muffler kinda rattles. What kind of damage can i be looking at, suspension and such? Like i said, drives like normal and no leaks. FML.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 am

Its a tough truck, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 am

I have to agree with you on the fact that its tough, thing is built like a rhino lol. If it were my other car, it would have broken to bits. Im going to check the inderbody when the sun comes out, get a good feel for the damage.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:39 pm

You could have blown out the shocks if you bottomed out too quickly.

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 pm

So i took a good look. I dented the front under body guard.. almost ripped it off, lossened the muffler somewhere, because now it making a deeper resonance. The struts in front arent leaking, and the ride is steady. The rear coil springs and control arms look good and the rear shocks look alright. It doesnt sag or wobble or hit hard on bumps. None the less im taking it in next week. Ill have them check the frame welds, front and rear wheels, replace front metal plate and diagnose the muffler. Man i got lucky i didnt f my poor pathy up. *corny alert* i love this car... yeah it has its moments, but its a solid car it doesnt help that i spend like 30 hours+ a month driving it around; for the last year. if she breaks... ill fix her till she cant take no more :/

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Bummer.

I'd get it on an alignment rack asap. Other than that you should probably be okay if the shocks still feel alright and aren't leaking yet.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”