Airlift I have seen the light!

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Airlift I have seen the light!

Postby Kestral » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:19 am

I was driving in upstate NY yesterday when I pass this Pathy towing a travel trailer not a huge one prob 20" foot single axle hard top camper. When I went by I noticed the back end of his PH sagging a bit but the real issue I noticed was when he hit a bump the back end of his truck would bounce up and down quite a bit. I pull into a rest stop a few miles up and as it happens this guy pulls in right next to me. Long story short we start talking about our Pathys and towing campers he was new to towing he had a weight distribution hitch with a friction sway control so he had the right set up. Before I could even mention if he ran the Airlift 1000 air bags in his PF he said "man the only issue I have is this big time bounce I get going down the highway!" Anyway I explained the Airlift to him and how it would help out with his sag issue he also had no idea about this Forum and was quite interested. Anyhow he plans to order the Airlift 1000 kit for his Pathfinder as soon as he gets home. I will be adding the kit myself but prob not until next year I won't be towing my camper this year I have some health issues I have to deal with first. Anyway I just thought I would share.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:26 am

Sorry I meant to say PF as in Pathfinder not PH. You all know what I was talking about I'm sure.. :lol:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:04 am

It's probably one of the best upgrades for the R51 for the money. A good set of monotube rear shocks also helps the ride a bit, ie Bilstein HD's.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”