Suggestions for lifting in stages please

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

evgenk

Suggestions for lifting in stages please

Postby evgenk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey guys, my ultimate goal is go to a 5" lift however I am a bit tight on cash at the moment and wondering if it's possible to do this in stages even if ends up costing a bit more.

Can I simply start with a 2" suspension lift and later add a calmini kit?
How would you do something like that?

Really looking forward to all the suggestions.

Cheers!

evgenk

Postby evgenk » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:33 am

Hey guys ... still hoping for a response. Are there any options other than the Calmini kit once the suspension lift is maxed out at 2"?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:32 pm

You have a few options. The Calimini kit is really just a series of strategically placed spacers, so anything you already have will only add to the lift. I’ve got the 4x4 parts rear springs in addition to the Calmini on mine. And also Titan front coilovers as well, they add a little more lift and look better than the coffee can front spacers they (Calmini) uses.

My advice is if you want the Calmini, order it ASAP, they don’t charge you full price until it ships and mine took about 6 months. (End of July, mid January) At one point I had the normal RadFlo coilovers on mine, in addition to the Calmini and It too was fine. Pricier to do it in these stpes you speak of. So if I were toy, I’d just order the kit as is. Perhaps in the meantime, add a leveling kit up front and Polyurethane spacers for the rear. Cheapest route for the most elevation if that’s what you’re after. Pathfinder isn’t the best platform for even mid size lifts.

evgenk

Postby evgenk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:31 am

Very informative. Thanks for the reply!

I do realize that the Pathy is not the best offroading platform out there, but I really dig the interior and the amount of cargo space we get. I won't be doing any hardcore rock crawling or anything, but I do need to be able to traverse some very rough trails to hunting camps. Basically, I want to be able to go anywhere stock Jeep wrangler can go - and hopefully I can do better than that :-)

Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase all of the components right now. My wife is back in school and I simply can't spend more than a $1000/year on this project.

My plan so far is:

1. Rancho quicklift front coilovers + 4x4 parts rear springs
2. Larger tires
4. Skid plates + rocksliders + upgrade rear shocks
3. Calmini kit

Would there be any problems with this plan or any components that would have to change when I get to installing the Calmini kit?

Also, the calmini kit I would be ordering is the most basic one they have for $1800?
https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=1& ... 1&p=644&n=

And the last question ... would I be able to use the 4x4parts long travel upper control arms with this kit?

Thanks!

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”